Thursday, May 20, 2010

Landed in Uganda!

Oh my gosh. That plane ride was almost unbearable. First, we went to Minneapolis. From there, we flew to Amsterdam, and waited about 4 hours. Finally, we flew to here in Entebbe-Kampala. I'm tired, my head hurts, and my ears are still popping from all that flying (23 hr and 15 min). I know I shouldn't be whining about this, because I earned this free safari experience. Oh well, I'm going to have great fun tomorrow!!!

Also, the hotel here is just incredible. I'll talk about it soon.

Climate? HOT. Much, much hotter than Madison. I've heard it gets higher, especially because it's raining right now. Thunderstorms. Not major, but still thunderstorms. Funny, huh. You don't usually think of thunderstorms when think about Africa.

Some of the people here are very nice. A nice man named Gwandoya (not sure how you pronounce it) kindly showed me to my hotel room. He also declined my tip (what???).

I'm currently living in the Golf Course Hotel Executive Pyramid Suite! It is absolutely insane. I cannot believe how lucky I was to get this hotel!

Let me describe it to you. I uploaded a picture of the room plan at the bottom if you do not want to read the description (which you should probably just at least skim over first). First of all, the name of the suite (executive Pyramid) just sounds awesome by itself. And let me assure you, it IS awesome. It's like a luxurious house for a large family, but obviously I am traveling by myself.

When you walk in from the main door (which is huge), you immediately encounter a flight of marble stairs. Wow. Personally I've never even seen a hotel room with stairs before. However, they're not facing your direction.

If you keep on going forward, you'll see a bar. A real bar. Not one of those complementary mini-bars that you see in worse hotels. I mean a bar. A counter-bar. WITH the alcohol and stuff (obviously you have to pay), but I'm not a big fan of alcoholic drinks.

To the left is a dining room, to the left of that is the sitting room, to the left of that is a waiting room, next to that is a bathroom, next to that is a bedroom (and a wardrobe), and finally, next to that is a kitchen. Wow. A normal hotel would basically be two rooms, a big bedroom with assorted furniture and a bathroom.

And my description so far was just the first floor!

The second floor isn't quite as interesting, but it's just as big. Going up the stairs, left and right are both two HUGE bedrooms and study rooms. Next to those are two more gigantic bathrooms, and finally a walk-in cupboard in the corner. Oh yeah, and did I mention that one of the bathrooms has a swimming pool?

Click  to view large image

The one on the right is the upper floor, and the one on the left is the lower level.

Well, anyways, I'm getting extremely tired. I'm gonna go to bed now.

Can't wait for tomorrow! Bye!

1 comment: